Medibank is an integrated healthcare company providing private health insurance and health solutions to 3.9 million people in Australia and New Zealand. Its core business is underwriting and distribution of private health insurance policies through their two brands, Medibank and ahm. Medibank also provides a range of integrated healthcare services to private health insurance policyholders, government, corporate and other retail customers.
- quickly analyse the processes
- identify opportunities for immediate performance improvement to the business and in customer satisfaction
- determine how staff could maximise the benefit of a new SAP system
- ensure tactical improvements could be rapidly deployed.
What Was Done
Working closely with Medibank staff, ThirdBase followed a structured
yet pragmatic approach to:
- Map current state processes and variations
- Identify general versus client specific requirements and business rules
- Identify process issues
- Define and agree how the processes needed to operate
- Review with stakeholders and obtain buy-in
- Prepare easy to follow process documentation and call scripts
- Communicate the required way of working and handover to Medibank training staff.
Improvements and Results
In conjunction with changes in resourcing, training, roles and shift structures, the following results were achieved:
- Improved key customer facing processes - documented in clear and easy to follow reference guides and scripts for use during customer booking calls.
- Improved processes enabling staff to reliably and efficiently:
- - select the appropriate customer contract each and every time
- - book the required medical health assessments thereby enabling greater effectiveness
-   and efficiency of downstream processes.
- A significant improvement in customer call handling response times.
- Increased customer satisfaction and retention levels.