The Salvation Army Employment Plus is one of Australia’s largest government funded employment services, finding quality employees for businesses – at no cost. Employment Plus provides job seekers with access to specialised training, work experience and a range of support services. It also works closely with businesses across all sectors, finding the right people to fill their needs.
As a not-for-profit organisation, any surplus made is directed back into The Salvation Army’s social programs – providing relief to the homeless, the underprivileged, victims of disaster and many other local programs that make a difference in people’s lives.
Having been awarded the new Federal Government contract, Employment Plus had three months to cut over to the new way of working and engaged ThirdBase to provide performance improvement services and implement ThirdBaseCI software to ensure that:
- Processes were redesigned to reflect requirements from the federal Government and Employment Plus’s revised operating model.
- Staff around the country knew what to do and how to do it.
- Supporting reference material was prepared including process documentation, reference guides, supporting forms, checklists, call scripts as well as standard letters and emails.
- The change was managed to an appropriate level of detail to ensure things weren’t missed and the transition went smoothly.
- Staff around the country have easy access the ThirdBaseCI process management software to easily find what they need and register, respond to and implement process improvement opportunities.
Whilst delivering the above, ThirdBase worked closely with Employment Plus’s Process Improvement Team to ensure they were equipped to support the ongoing needs of the business by providing:
- Skills transfer
- Quality Assurance and guidance.